Mom Body Rehab Online Postpartum Program: 6 Weeks to Rebuild Your Body After Pregnancy
Can’t make it into the clinic, but want to restore your core and pelvic floor the RIGHT way after pregnancy?
We offer an online postpartum rehabilitation program just for you! Choose between the regular Mom Body Rehab and the enhanced VIP version to get exactly the level of care and guidance you want for your postpartum recovery.
Online Nutrition Programs: In Partnership with the Integrative Women’s Health Institute
Nutrition plays a huge role in your health – for healing after pregnancy, injury, and with chronic pain. Your body needs the buildling blocks to restore normal healthy muscle and connective tissue, to balance hormones, to support good digestive function, and to function optimally.
SHEFit partners with the Integrative Womens Health Institute to offer 3 online nutrition programs. Click below for information introducing you to each program so that you can decide the best option for your needs.
*Affiliate Disclosure: program links below represents affiliate links, which means I may get a commission if you purchase. This commission comes at no additional cost to you.
Learn how the digestive, immune, nervous, and other physiologic systems contribute to your chronic pelvic pain. Understand YOUR root cause, and uncover your unique pelvic pain relief “recipe.”
Torch the belly fat, restore your libido, and come out of the brain fog. Learn how what you’re eating (and how well it’s absorbed!), how you’re sleeping, and how you’re moving all contribute to hormonal health.
Use specific detoxification, digestive health, and nourishment strategies to prepare your body for pregnancy. Make it easier to get pregnant, and reduce your baby’s long term risk of chronic health conditions like asthma, ADHD, and allergies.
Be smart: REHABILITATE your body after pregnancy!
- 40% of moms leak urine with coughing, sneezing, laughing or exercising at one year postpartum, increasing to over 50 % by age 65
- 60% of women have some level of organ prolapse within 6 months of childbirth
- Over 50% of moms have back, hip or pelvic pain one year postpartum
- Over 50% of moms are unhappy with there body and fitness level one year postpartum
- These conditions often lead to surgical intervention if left unaddressed until later in life
Exercising after pregnancy is NOT like starting a new weight loss program, or returning to exercise after a period of rest. It is like going back to exercise after a major surgery or injury. No athlete would return to sport after such an event without going to rehab, yet the postpartum period is not treated with such care. In Europe, every mom does a 6 week course of pelvic physical therapy after pregnancy and birth. We need to catch up!
SHEFit Postpartum Rehabilitation and Fitness Programs provide:
- 60 minute sessions with a Doctor of Physical Therapy specializing in postpartum rehabilitation (recommended 8-16 sessions over 3-6 months)
- Screening for diastasis recti abdominis
- Full pelvic floor assessment after your 6 week postpartum check up if appropriate
- Home exercise/workout planning
- Injury Screening
- Body mechanics training for “Mom Duties”, posture, and prevention of pregnancy related pelvic disorders
- Education for exercise, nutrition and injury prevention
- Biofeedback Treatment if appropriate
- Massage therapy and joint mobilization if appropriate
Personal trainers and group fitness classes are great at helping you break a sweat and shed pounds, but aggressive exercise programs can sometimes cause more damage to the healing muscles and ligaments of the abdomen and pelvis. Protect your body and restore your fitness the right way. Upgrade your postpartum fitness training to a pelvic physical therapist.