Well here we are almost 3 weeks into the new year already! January 2022 is well underway, and maybe you’re needing a little encouragement to take the first (or next) step toward achieving your health goals.
So here I am to give you a little nudge 😉 😉
One thing that tends to slow people down is the good old, “my deductible is renewing – I think I’ll just wait on therapy….” In reality friend, this is not the best idea. A problem that now seems small enough to put off for a few months can grow over time, and snowball into something that is much more painful/limiting, way more difficult to fix, and often way more expensive in the long run (think time off work, pain medications, XRays/MRIs, continence products, or even surgery!) The most frequent patient statement in our office is, “I should have done this sooner!”
Another reason many folks might delay care is concern over the evolving pandemic, or just the inconveninece of contracting ANY sort of illness these days. If you want to start therapy but are hesitant to come into the clinic, we’ve got you! Virtual visits are an AWESOME way to begin or continue care from the comfort of your home. Patients have been amazed at how much we can help via video – it will be worth your time, I promise! This is also a great option if you have COVID exposure but no symptoms, are very early postpartum and don’t want to leave home quite yet, or if you are a lengthy drive from our offices in San Diego – we can serve you anywhere in California from your computer or phone screen! (Click here for a sample video of a real Virtual visit!)
We want to see you get well and stay well this year, in more ways than one. So please don’t delay your visit – you’re gonna have to pay that deductible down at some point – it’s just a matter of when. Our 4 experienced prenatal pelvic floor PTs are here to serve you as soon as you’re ready to schedule!
For those outside CA, SHEFitPT offers our self-guided postpartum online rehab program, Mom Body Rehab, and we may be able to assist you with online individual wellness coaching options as well (email Sheri@SHEFitPT.com for more info).
Here are a few examples of what we can do in the “online treatment room”:
- Evaluate your posture, breath mechanics, range of motion, and movement patterns just like we would in clinic
- Perform guided self-assessment for Diastasis Recti, Pelvic Floor strength/awareness, prolapse, and pelvic floor muscle spasm/pain
- Teach you how to engage your deep core system and self-assess core exercises for diastasis-safety pre and postnatally
- Teach you how to self mobilize scar tissue, muscles, fascia and joints for pain relief
- Assess movements/ chores/ exercises in your own environment and provide immediate feedback for modification
- Provide detailed education on management of prolapse, diastasis recti, pelvic/perineal pain, and strength training for pregnancy
- Click here for a sample video of a real Virtual visit!
(FYI….Virtual visits are treated the same as office visits by most insurance companies. Tricare insurance covers Virtual therapy at the same rate as regular office visits. For toher insurance plans, contact your plan for details.)
So stop delaying and make 2022 your best year yet. Schedule your in-office or virtual visit now!
Here’s to a healthy, happy you in 2022!